Address The Farmhouse Bed and Breakfast, Midtown, Freswick by wick near John O’Groats, head South for approximately 3 miles, Caithness KW1 4XX, Scotland, UK
Telephone: 01955 611254 Fax: 01955 611254
Jill and Tom Wilkins are the proprietors of the Farmhouse Bed and Breakfast. They are as full of character as their home in which you are made to feel extremely welcome. If you are coming from John O’Groats, head South for approximately 3 miles, turn left for SKIRZA, then follow directions.
Situated over-looking Freswick Bay the house commands beautiful panoramic views from all of the bedrooms.
First floor: 2 Double/Family rooms, 1 Single. All rooms have tea and coffee making facilities. Bathroom, Showers, Toilets on ground floor. Easy disabled access.
This area contains one of Britain’s most beautiful land and seascapes. Walking, bird watching and general sight seeing are a must whilst you are here. You could see:
- Whales (at the right time of the year Killer whales visit the bay)
- Wild Cats
- Short Eared Owls
- Buzzards, etc., the list goes on
Pets are welcome by arrangement. (No elephants, snakes or creepy crawlies!)
A Garden is available for your use and there is plenty of parking and secure storage available.
- Highlands of Scotland Tourist Board (HOST)
- Scottish Tourist Board (2 Star)
- Discover Britain
- Country Rover
- Scottish Roaming Holidays
- Breakfast is served at 7.45am (for 9.00am Orkney Ferry) and 8.30am.
- We will gladly cater for vegetarians and can offer a Gluten free diet too.
Modern self-catering caravan
We have a modern self-catering caravan overlooking Freswick Bay. Fully equipped with lounge and dining area, colour TV, electric fire, kitchen with full sized gas cooker, fridge, sink and drainer, including pots, pans, cutlery and china. There is a gas water heater and storage, a shower room, toilet and hand basin. There are two bedrooms (one double and one twin which can convert to a double), all linen, towels and gas are included in the price. Smoking is allowed. Pets must not be left unattended. Ample parking space.
- April to October – £220 per week plus electric.
- Two nights minimum at £40 per night depending on the number of people.
- Visitors may breakfast in the house if they do not want to self cater.
As you visit ‘The Farmhouse Bed and Breakfast, self-catering caravan ‘, you may find interest in following listings . . .