Address The Open Door, 420 Morningside Road, Edinburgh EH10 5HY, Scotland, UK
Telephone: 0131 447 9757
The Open Door, Recognised Scottish Charity: No. SC007315 in the heart of Edinburgh’s Morningside community, provides vital support services to the elderly, those with support needs, and the carers of these individuals.
- The Open Door is a Christian Outreach Supporting the Local Community
- The Open Door is a Company Ltd by Guarantee, Reg in Edinburgh No. 170474.
Our objective is to reduce isolation and promote inclusion by providing:
- A coffee shop that is open 5 days a week to the general public
- Day care services for the eldely
- Carer respite on a Saturday
- Social groups open to the community
- A Community centre for everyone
- Rooms for hire and window space to let.
The Open Door is celebrating 30 years of serving the people of Morning side and beyond. What an achievement! To celebrate this the Open Door has commissioned new T-shirts with the Open Door logo on and the words ‘supporting vulnerable people for over 30 years’. Look out for volunteers wearing them.
To celebrate the work of the Open Door it is planned to hold an event in Morning side late August to show the community its achievements and share its future plans. Look out for more details on our website and Face book page.
As you visit ‘The Open Door’, you may find interest in following listings . . .