Submitted by Owen McCafferty on Fri, 2009-11-20
The Pickaquoy Centre is a wonderful new leisure centre, providing everyone the opportunity to enjoy sports and arts activities. This £8.5 million Millennium Project is Orkney’s largest community and leisure facility for the huge variety of activities which provide enjoyment for all ages and abilities.
When you go to the camp site you book-in in the centre and are given a welcome pack. The pack includes a map of Orkney (Kirkwall and Stromness in detail), an introduction to the Health and Fitness Centre as well as a free session card and information on the centre.
Orkney’s largest caravan and camping park, located at The Pickaquoy Centre and only a short walk from the town centre. This VisitScotland 4-star Touring Park has facilities for 80 pitches, of which 28 have electric hook-ups and hard standings.
The cafe is open from 8.00am most mornings and doesn’t shut until 9.00pm most evenings, so is very handy for that early morning cup of tea and supper too! There is even a crèche so that you can enjoy the facilities.
The camp site is good too! Facilities include Washer and Dryer as well as sinks for dishes and clothes and a lounge. The Ladies and Gents toilets have showers and a hair-dryer.
Pickaquoy Centre and Camp Site Includes:
- The Arena – Sports and events hall – 8 badminton court size
- The Zone – Health and Fitness Suite
- Waterfront – Bar and Cafeteria
- The Track – Athletics track and outdoor playing fields
- Soulisquoy Studio – Print Studio and Dark room
- Smuggler’s Cove – Adventure play area for the under 10’s
- Floodlit all weather pitch – Full size football and hockey pitch
- The New Phoenix – Cinema with video and sound recording studios
- A variety of Sports, Arts and Entertainment facilities available for private hire.
Contact The Pickaquoy Centre Tel: 01856 879 900 Fax: 01856 879 901
‹ Orkney Crafts Exhibition up Sheila Fleet Jewellery – Gallery › Similar of ‘Pickaquoy Centre and Camp Site’