Submitted by Owen McCafferty on Mon, 2010-01-11
For permits in Central Sutherland check – Lairg Angling Club, Rhian Guest House, Highland School of Fly-fishing, Wild Trout Trust, Harpers Fly Fishing Services and Accommodation – Strathmore, Altnaharra.
Loch Shin, Lairg Sutherland: one of the largest lochs in Scotland and part of a hydro electricity generating system. Brown trout, boat and bank fishing available Permits available from Lairg Angling Club & Shin Cottage
Loch Meadie – Altnaharra Hotel: Set between Ben Loyal and Ben Hope the loch is approx 3 miles in length.
Permits and Boat Hire available from
- the Altnaharra Hotel
- Overscaig House Hotel – Loch Shin
- Loch Borralan, Altnacealgach, Central Sutherland
- Westminster Estates Office or Reay Forest Estate, Achfary by Lairg – Permits
- Loch Borralan, Alt Motel, Altnacealgach
- Altnaharra Hotel – Permits: Permits for Lochs Hope, Naver, Meadie, Staink and lochs by Tongue: Loyal, Hakel and Craggie.
- Dornoch District Angling Club and The Kyle of Sutherland Angling Association (KOSAA): Permits for Loch Buidh, Laggan and others.
- Rob Jones – Permits for Loch Migdale
- Kyle of Sutherland Angling Club Lochs including Largo, Laggan and others.
- Park House Sporting and Fishing
- Overscaig Hotel – Permits for various lochs including Loch Merkland.
- Oykel Bridge Hotel – Permits for various lochs in the area, boats also available.
- Birchbank Lodge
- Caithness and Sutherland Angling Services (Lesley Crawford)
‹ Lochs in Central Sutherland up Tackle in Central Sutherland › Similar of ‘Permits in Central Sutherland’