Along oldest stone bridge Carrbridge village in the Highlands and nearby ancient pine forest contains the Landmark Forest Adventure Park. On the nature trail in Landmark Forest Adventure Park, there is a special feeding area that attracts Pine Wood birds and the Red squirrel – endangered in most of the country due to competition from the introduced Grey Squirrel.
Along the River Spey, from Grantown-on-Spey westwards, lies a good range of attractions. Landmark Carrbridge is a family theme park in the heart of the Spey Valley. Landmark Visitor Centre (a highland heritage and adventure park) at Carrbridge combines indoor Highland history presentations with outdoor enjoyment of the forests by way of trails and a nature centre – plus an excellent adventure playground for children.
Landmark Forest Adventure Park is set in an ancient pine forest at the south end of the village. It has a variety of attractions, including a wild water coaster, steam powered saw mill and the UK’s first nature trail, Treetop Trail, climbing walls, slides, minicars, a Red Squirrel Trail and a Timber Trail.
A visit to Aviemore with the family would not be complete without a wee car ride and a big day out, you may want to miss out Aviemore completely on your next visit and buy a weekly ticket for only £14.90 for adults and £12.70 for the children. Nearby, the Strathspey Railway offers a nostalgic return to the days of steam. Also near Boat of Garten is the Loch Garten Nature Reserve, where you can view the domestic life of nesting ospreys from a special observation hide. Whether you want to follow the nature trails, enjoy a forest walk, see the interactive exhibitions or have a go on the amusement park type rides, The Landmark Centre makes a fantastic day out for the whole family. For before, during and after your meal there is a shop and restaurant, as you’ll see – There’s plenty at Landmark, plenty for all the family. Season Ticket Special Offer also available.
What’s at Landmark then?
- There’s a watercoaster with 3 rides, with the largest being the “Falcon” (Taking only 6 seconds to swoosh you down 40 feet).
- There’s”Adventureland” – A large kids play area, complete with Climbing Walls, Slides, Ride on cars, and a maze (Just under a Mile long!), there’s also radio controlled cars and trucks and more.
- The Red Squirrel Trail is a raised walk over the trees and park, see Red Squirrels and wildlife feeding area.
- Microworld, showing what you cant see with the naked eye, alien like creatures, a must see.
- The Timber Trail (Incorporating the tallest timber tower in Scotland)
- Attractions include in the Landmark Forest Adventure Park are microworld, fire tower, timber trail, ancient forest, wild forest maze, pinnacle, ropeworx, skydive, tarzan trail, wild water coaster, ant city, mini cars, trucks, diggers. Check Attraction Map before you start.
Sometimes it is named as Landmark Forest Heritage Centre, Landmark Forest Adventure Park, or Landmark Forest Adventure Park, Landmark Forest Theme Park or simply Landmark Centre/ Landmark Park/ Landmark Carrbridge.
Watch sample you tube video of Landmark Forest Skydive and annual Carrbridge Gathering and Scottish Open Chainsaw Carving Championship
Landmark Park, Carrbridge
Infoline: 0800 7313446
Admin: 01479 841613
Fax: 01479 841384
Carrbridge between Aviemore and Inverness, capital of Highlands
Inverness-shire PH23 3AJ