A lovely working harbour built in the 1820’s by James Bremner of Keiss for James Traill of Rattar after he purchased Castlehill House and established the flagstone industry at Castlehill Quarry.
The Harbour was built to ship the flagstone produced by the quarry. The ships used to take the flagstone would return with loads of coal, oil cake and other feed stuff.
The Harbour is now administered by a trust. It is one of the many small stone harbours, Castlehill harbour, Dunnet Bay